A Safe Trip is an Enjoyable One
James River Runner Policies & Rules
Your safety is our top priority
Are fireworks allowed?
We’re sorry, but no fireworks are allowed.
Can I have pets?
We’re sorry, but no pets are allowed.
Can I reserve a campsite?
Site assignments are subject to change but generally are reserved for each particular party.
What is your refund policy?
Last minute cancellations or “no shows” will forfeit the full cost of trip reserved. Cancellations must be made 10 or more days in advance for no penalty.
You may change the number of people in your group up to 72 hours before your trip. You must confirm the number of people in your group 72 hours before your scheduled trip or you will be held accountable for the number of people booked.
When is checkout time?
Check out time 10AM.
What is your RV policy?
We are unable to accommodate RV’s and large trailers due to an elevated railroad crossing going to our campgrounds.
What is your alcohol policy?
1. We simply will not provide outfitting services to those who choose to abuse alcohol and break the laws regulating its usage.
2. There will be no open alcohol allowed in our parking lots, vehicles, put in or take out spots, or office.
3. Open alcohol is against the law at put in or take out spots and public areas.
4. Alcohol in our campgrounds is a personal choice, can be dangerous, and is not encouraged by James River Runners, LLC Those who abuse the privilege by exhibiting unreasonable behavior will be escorted out of the campgrounds with NO refund and will be subject to possible legal repercussions. Remember that your actions reflect on both you and your entire party.
5. Public intoxication is against the law and local police will enforce this.
6. The public is forewarned that enforcement roadblocks have become commonplace and designated drivers are a necessity for the safety of all of us.
Do I need to rent river equipment to use the camping sites?
Yes. These camp sites are available ONLY to our river equipment rental guests.
James River Runners reserves the right to change trip itineraries, watercraft or camp sites due to changing water conditions or group numbers as needed.
We will do our best to keep requested sites and itineraries but all reservations are subject to change without notice and refunds will not be given for change of trip details.
James River Runners reserves the right to deny service to anyone we deem incapable or unfit for the activity chosen.
Prices are subject to change without notice although we do our best to honor advertised prices.
Minimum 6 year old age requirement for all activities.
All participants MUST be able to swim for all activities.
Footwear is required at all times on and off the water.