Hands down some of the best fishing in Virginia
Fishing on the James River is must for every angler. James River Runners offers full day, part day and overnight fishing excursions. The JRR staff is knowledgeable about what’s biting, what lures or bait you need and where the sweet spots are.
- All fishing trips are self-guided
- A Virginia State fishing license required for all anglers 16 years and older.
- Smallmouth fishing best at 3-5 foot level (clarity should be cloudy or clear).
- Visit the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fishers for latest fishing rules and regulations
Common Fish Available:
- Small mouth bass
- Catfish (both channels and flatheads)
- Panfish (rock bass, redbreast sunfish, bluegill, and green sunfish)